Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Everyone Should Have a Godfamily

This past weekend, my Godfather Antony was kind enough to invite us to his country house in Lymington. Kimmy and I left Queen’s Park at 7:30 in the morning on Saturday to arrive at his house in Wimbledon by 8:30. We packed up his car and we were on the road by 9:30 (would have been earlier but my Godbrother James was having a bit of difficulty getting out of bed so early!). A two hour nap later, we were at the house in the country! Antony has a great little motorboat, so after we got ourselves situated in the house, we bundled up in scarves and jackets and went to the Yacht Club to take a boat ride over to the Isle of Wight for some tea.



As you can see from the video (and hear from Kimmy's screams of joy), we had a blast on the boat ride and had another sunny gorgeous day in England (I’m convinced we are the bearers of good weather and anyone who disagrees probably has a thundercloud over their head). We sat down for a much needed hot cup of tea as we looked out onto the water. It was my idea of a completely blissful afternoon. After tea we got back onto the boat and went back to Lymington.
Kimmy, James and I were all exhausted little children, so we each took up a couch and had a much needed nap before dinner. My Godfamily, Kimmy and I all watched a movie together, and then went to bed. The next day James took us on a bike ride back to the Yacht Club where we met the others for lunch.




I have really enjoyed seeing the Chandlers while over here. I don’t get to see them very often, but it feels like I have a second family (complete with the brothers I have always wanted) over here, which is very comforting. They have been so kind to us and we both appreciate their incredible kindness and hospitality!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at lil miss JoJo turning into a yachtie!